Environmental Policy 2022
Here at The Gastropod we pride ourselves on being as Environmentally friendly as we possibly can, by minimising the impact of our activities on the environment, both locally and globally.
To achieve this we have set targets for ongoing improvement.
- To avoid using unnecessary transport whenever possible.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office and in the pod.
- Purchase fair trade or organic foodstuffs, locally.
- Ensure all meat and fish (MSC) are responsibly sourced, locally, with full traceability.
- Minimise food waste
- Only use eco –friendly biodegradable packaging in the pod.
- Whenever possible we will reduce our carbon footprint and not use our vehicles, or any other public transport to attend meetings with clients, we will set up Zoom meetings, face time or other forms of conference calls from home, or telephone whichever is most appropriate.
- Our new Vehicle for the past two years, we have chosen ultra-low emission.
- We are also reducing our use of LPG and using low energy halogen hobs where possible.
- In extreme locations where our generator is required, our generator is Euro 5 compliant- for improved economy & efficiency whilst lowering emissions.
- All invoices will be electronically sent and saved on our computer system, Quotes and menus will be sent by e-mail unless expressly advised otherwise. Any paperwork received through the post or used in the office will be shredded and re-cycled.
- All foodstuffs wherever practically possibly will be purchased locally, supporting independent suppliers, with full traceability. Organic/Fair trade produce is our preference and will be used as far as possible.
- We are continually working with clients to pre order food from submitted menus, to keep food waste to a minimum. Any leftover organic food is composted where possible.
- We strive to increase Vegan options to our menus, to cut the huge environmental cost of industrialised animal farming.
- In the pod, only eco-friendly biodegradable packaging is used, bamboo bio-degradable cutlery and napkins, no plastics products are used as disposable food packaging.
- Dustbins will be provided onsite for our customers, clearly marked.
- All customers will be made aware of our GoGreen policy and be encouraged to help deposit rubbish with care.
- A copy of this document will be available to anyone who wishes to see.
We will continue to review our practises, and continually strive to improve our performance
Eamonn & Pip Redden 2022
Feel Safe with The Gastropod
Here's some of the procedures in place. You can see the Covid 19 assessment below.